Thanks a million to Marilyn Braun and, with greatest respect, HM The Queen, for giving the blog an award!
According to both HM and Marilyn, this award, the "Excessively Diverting Blog Award," is awarded for the following reasons: "Started by the blogging team at Jane Austen Today the "aim of the Excessively Diverting Blog Award is to acknowledge writing excellence in the spirit of Jane Austen’s genius in amusing and delighting readers with her irony, humor, wit, and talent for keen observation. Recipients will uphold the highest standards in the art of the sparkling banter, witty repartee, and gentle reprove."
Thanks to both "Lillibet" and Marilyn for the lovely award! Now, I've got to be a good blogging citizen and pass it along to seven others...
1. The Royal Forums Blog, the newest part of The Royal Forums site. I'm a contributor there, but I'm only one among a whole slate of bloggers who provide great coverage of the world's royalty. For witty repartee, be sure to check out the fashion and entertainment posts!
2. The Kate Middleton Report, which always has the news on where the royal paramour has most recently popped up.
3. British Royal Wedding, which earns the "humor and wit" tag for the recent post about William's RAF initiation, with a photoshopped drinking straw, alone.
4. The Royal Twist, which provides great coverage of Scandanavian royals and other royal houses.
5. Merry Royals, Maricar's awesome royal blog.
6. The Raucous Royals, which has scandalous and delicious coverage of history's most interesting royal figures.
7. Danish Royal Watchers, which has fun and informative coverage of the royals from Denmark, especially those cuties Christian and Isabella.
And now, back to your regularly scheduled hattery coverage...